The 2018−2019 DeBartolo Performing Arts Center Presenting Series season offers 31 performances in a variety of genres. Events represented include sacred and a cappella choral music, jazz, a premiere of new music by one of the world’s most distinguished living composers, and audience favorites in popular music, ballet, and family programming.
Presenting Series’ 2018−2019 Season Highlights
- Season to feature 31 performances by 21 artists, including a commission by luminary Philip Glass (title TBA).
- The Presenting Series opens with generation and genre-spanning artist, Todd Rundgren, backed by his full band and with appearances by Notre Dame student musicians to “play like champions.”
- Both stars of Broadway, film, and TV, Kristin Chenoweth (Glinda, Wicked) and Renée Elise Goldsberry (Angelica Schuyler, Hamilton) bring personal programs of their favorite songs for music and musical theatre fans.
- Irish Theatre of Chicago and Aquila Theatre returns the center’s programming to all classical theatre. Attached to Notre Dame Film, Television, and Theatre, director Siiri Scott to oversee titles by Irish playwrights Geraldine Aron, Owen McCafferty, and Conor McPherson.
- Since 2018 marks the 200th anniversary of the publishing of Mary Shelley’s novel Frankenstein, Aquila Theatre’s production speaks to the permanence of humankind’s anxieties about disruptive innovation, ethics, and the place of those born different in society.
- The center’s commitment to the South Bend Community School Corporation and arts education grows exponentially with all primary center 1st graders attending Trike Theatre school matinees of P.D. Eastman’s Go, Dog. Go! In addition to standard Saturday matinees for area families, other private and public schools in addition to homeschool students have a designated opportunity to bring groups for a matinee experience as well.
Executive Director Ted Barron, announced the upcoming season at the April 29 sold-out recital by Itzhak Perlman and Rohan De Silva.
See the complete list of artists here.
– Save the Date –
Season Tickets will go on sale Monday, July 30, 2018.
Single Tickets will go on sale Monday, August 20, 2018.