DeBartolo Performing Arts Center
When the center first opened it was announced as one of the region’s cultural capitals, offering artists and audiences five world-class performing arts venues. It still holds that distinction and has become so much more. Now, it is a vibrant destination contributing to Notre Dame’s excellence in the performing and cinematic arts. As the University’s home for the arts, our venues are a means to touch as many lives as possible.
The Center at a Glance:
- Total estimated cost of building: $64 million
- 150,000 square foot facility with 5 performance venues, scene shop, rehearsal hall and 28 faculty offices
- 177 rooms, 384 doors, 84 different shades of paint
- The lower level houses 4 classrooms, 14 film editing bays, a recording studio, student lounge, costume shop, dressing rooms, laundry facilities for costume cleaning, rehearsal studio, set design rooms with big drafting tables
- 7 separate foundations: 5 for each of the venues, 1 for the scene shop and 1 for the “spine” of the building