The free DPAC app makes purchasing, managing, and using tickets quick and easy. Enhance your entertainment experience through real-time event information and alerts, exclusive offers, and digital programs for select performances (coming soon!)
- Browse and buy tickets to upcoming performances.
- Avoid misplacing, losing, or waiting in line for tickets.
- Present your smartphone for contactless venue entry.
- Quickly access and share tickets with friends and family.
- Receive important updates about events by opting in to push notifications.
- Access in-app offers on upcoming events.
- Get the latest news about the center.
Watch the Tutorial
Download the App
Available free for iPhone and Android.
How to access your tickets for contactless admission
1. Open the app and click the top right icon to login.
2. Login or Register using your DPAC account email and password.
3. Tap My Tickets from the list of account options.
4. Select the performance from the list of available tickets.
Make sure your smartphone is sufficiently charged and functioning. Before leaving for the center, log in to your DPAC app account and have your ticket barcode(s) on your screen with the brightness set to maximum. Know your venue and door (A, B, E, F) to quickly go to the correct entry point. Dim your screen once seated.
Mobile Ticket FAQs
I am a student and/or work at the University and have not set up my DPAC account yet, can I use the app to register?
Faculty, staff, and students must activate their accounts from a desktop device before logging into the app for the first time.
Can I still get paper tickets?
Yes. When checking out online, you will have the option to request your tickets to be mailed ($2 per order), or you may pick them up from Will Call before the show.
Are print-at-home tickets still an option?
Yes. Tickets for all DPAC events still include the home print option.
Where is my event ticket?
Ticketed performances appear in your account as soon as they are purchased and can be viewed under My Tickets in the app. The actual barcoded ticket appears in the DPAC app 24 hours before the performance. NOTE: Free, general admission events may not have a mobile ticket option. If you are unable to see your event ticket barcode on the day of the performance, please contact the Ticket Office for assistance.
I purchased multiple tickets, can I share with a friend or family member?
Yes, barcoded tickets can be shared with a friend or family member 24 hours prior to the event. However, once a ticket has been scanned for entry, it cannot be rescanned. We recommend entering the venue as a group and scanning all tickets from a single device to prevent confusion.
How do I share tickets?
- Log in to the app.
- Tap the Account icon at the top right to access your tickets.
- Select My Tickets and tap on the event you want to share.
- Tap Send To Friend below the ticket barcode, and select which ticket you’d like to share. Enter your friend or family member’s email address and tap Share.
NOTE: Tickets can only be shared with one other person. Once a ticket has been scanned at the venue, it cannot be scanned again for re-entry.
- Your friend/family member will receive a link via email with the ticket barcode(s) that can be scanned from their phone. They do not need the app to receive a mobile ticket.
What if I don’t have a smartphone?
Alternative options to receive an event ticket include Print-at-Home and Will Call pick up. If you need assistance with your ticket order, contact the Ticket Office at 574.631.2800 or email@example.com.
How do I get help if I can’t access my ticket on my phone?
Visit the Ticket Office to receive paper tickets at no charge.